Sales Tax, Use Tax, and Lodging Tax
Online Payment Services Available
- The City of Dacono is a Colorado Sales & Use Tax System (SUTS) participating jurisdiction.
- Payments can be made through the online portal, at City Hall or send a check through the U.S. Postal Service.
- The use of e-check is encouraged for online payments of any kind.
- Registration Forms can be submitted electronically by sending an email to Ashley Taylor. There is no fee for registration.
The City of Dacono is a Home Rule municipality under Article XX of the Colorado Constitution and has the power to collect its own taxes locally. In an effort to streamline the process for vendors, the City has partnered with the Colorado Department of Revenue so vendors can pay both State and City sales tax in the same portal. The Sales & Use Tax System (SUTS) is a one-stop portal that allows vendors to remit sales tax for multiple jurisdictions, including Dacono.
Vendors are required to complete the sales and use tax registration form prior to their first remittance.
City of Dacono sales tax accounts do not expire and do not require annual renewal.
File Returns and Make Sales Tax, Use Tax, or Lodging Tax Payments
- If the account does not present a return due, the filing status has been changed based on limits established by City code.
- For your initial login to your account, your temporary password is the first “word” of the business’ mailing address. For example, 222 First St. would be 222, PO Box 10 would be PO.