Event & Block Party Permits
Event Permit Requirements
The City of Dacono enforces local regulations to ensure that qualifying events operate safely, are not detrimental to the public health, do not substantially interfere with traffic, pedestrian circulation, or public services, and are compatible with surrounding property.
Activities that May Require an Event Permit
An Event means an organized procession or assembly of twenty-five (25) or more people:
- Requiring the exclusive use of all or a portion of a public right-of-way;
- Involving the temporary closure of or significant interruption to the flow of traffic on public rights-of-way;
- Requiring traffic control within public rights-of-way;
- Causing traffic to stack on any public right-of-way for any period of time; or
- Creating a public safety hazard; or
- Activities of a nature that are different than the typical use of the property.
Examples of events include, but are not limited to, festivals, celebrations, carnivals, concerts, races, parades, fundraisers, fairs, rodeos, camps and other similar activities. Processions of vehicles operated in compliance with ordinary traffic laws are not events for which a permit must be obtained pursuant to this Article.
Answer this short questionnaire to determine if your activity qualifies as an event and needs a permit.
Applying for an Event Permit
Contact the City Clerk to discuss an Event Permit.
Block Party Permit
The City of Dacono regulates Block Parties under the authority of the Dacono Municipal Code for the protection of public health, safety, and welfare. A Block Party is a neighborhood social event intended to take place, and actually taking place, in whole or in part on a road in a residential area, and which obstructs vehicular traffic.
Any resident residing on the street where the proposed Block Party will take place may file an application. If the neighborhood where the block party is planned is governed by a homeowners association, the applicant for the permit may be the association, acting through its representative board of directors.
A complete application for a Block Party Permit must be submitted at least 30 days before the date of the block party.