Building Permits

Community Core is now available for residents and professional contractors. 

Community Core powered by Safebuilt Opens in new window

Through the Community Core portal, you can:

  • obtain all permits
  • request inspections
  • view inspection results
  • track all historical permits 

Professional contractors must be licensed through the City of Dacono before Community Core access is granted.

Residential Inspections

  • All inspection requests must be received by the Building Division before 4:00 p.m.  (Monday through Friday) in order to be scheduled for the following business day.
  • Next day inspections are not guaranteed.
  • Please continue to use the SAFEbuilt Inspection line number- 1-888-774-0454
  • Emergencies will be dealt with on a case by case basis.

The City of Dacono contracts with SAFEbuilt Colorado for building department services. Building permit applications, plan submittals, and payments are generally through Community Core. Certain plan submittals are made directly to Mountain View Fire Protection District and St. Vrain Sanitation District. Contact the Department of Community Development.

Contractors must be licensed with the City of Dacono before starting work. Please click here for more information and to download an application. 

Work Requiring A Building Permit

  • Re-roofs 
  • Building a deck
  • Adding a fireplace
  • Most demolition
  • Finishing or remodeling a basement
  • Adding or altering the electrical system
  • Building a fence
  • Installing a pool or hot tub
  • Remodeling a kitchen or bathroom
  • Adding Rooms
  • Replacing an electric stove with a gas model
  • Replacing or installing an air conditioning or heating unit or water heater
  • Adding a sunroom or 3-seasons room

Most contractors will pull the necessary permits as part of the contracting job. Spell it out in your contract.

Typically, you do not usually need a building permit for the following residential projects:

  • Painting exterior or interior walls
  • Replacing a door with the same size/type unit and within the same framed opening
  • Installing new flooring
  • Replacing a faucet

If you are still uncertain as to your need for obtaining a building permit, call the Department of Community Development.

Related Documents