Dacono City Hall will be closed to the public effective 5:00 p.m., March 13.
Building Permit Application Process Effective March 16, 2020
- The City will begin accepting online building permit applications
- Building permit applications should be emailed to DCase@CityofDacono.com
- All application attachments will have 10MB file size limit
- Attachments larger than 10MB should be sent by U.S. Mail
- FedEx and UPS are not recommended as City Hall may not have staff available to accept receipt of documents
- Counter building permits and payments are suspended as of Friday, March 13, 2020, at 5:00 p.m.
- Online payments will be accepted starting March 16, 2020
- Please include contractor name AND job site address in the payment description field
- We recommend using the e-Check option for payment
- A check can mail be mailed separately by U.S. Mail
- Please send a follow-up email to DCase@CityofDacono.com to confirm receipt of your building permit application.
Building Permit Inspections- UPDATED March 17, 2020
- Residential Inspections
- All inspections for new construction will be performed as usual.
- All inspections on the exterior of a home – new roof, deck, siding, gazebo, etc. – will be performed as usual.
- Inspections on the Interior of a home or basement will not be performed at this time, such as furnaces, water heaters, basement finishes, interior remodels.
All inspection requests must be received by the Building Division before 4:00 p.m. (Monday through Friday) in order to be scheduled for the following business day.
Next day inspections are not guaranteed.
Please continue to use the SAFEbuilt Inspection line number- 1.888.774.0454
- Emergencies will be dealt with on a case by case basis.
The City of Dacono contracts with SAFEbuilt Colorado for building department services. Building permit applications, plan submittals, and payments are through Dacono City Hall. Certain plan submittals are made directly to Mountain View Fire Protection District and St. Vrain Sanitation District. Contact the Department of Community Development.
Contractors must be licensed with the City of Dacono before starting work. Please click here for more information and to download an application.
Work Requiring A Building Permit
- Re roofs
- Building a deck
- Adding a fireplace
- Most demolition
- Finishing or remodeling a basement
- Adding or altering the electrical system
- Building a fence
- Installing a pool or hot tub
- Remodeling a kitchen or bathroom
- Adding Rooms
- Replacing an electric stove with a gas model
- Replacing or installing an air conditioning or heating unit or water heater
- Adding a sunroom or 3-seasons room
Most contractors will pull the necessary permits as part of the contracting job. Spell it out in your contract.
Typically, you do not usually need a building permit for the following residential projects:
- Painting exterior or interior walls
- Replacing a door with the same size / type unit and within the same framed opening
- Installing new flooring
- Replacing a faucet
If you are still uncertain as to your need for obtaining a building permit, call the Department of Community Development.