- Your Government
- Community Development
- Long-Range Planning
- Comprehensive Plan
Dacono Forward Comprehensive Plan 2017
Adopted in 2017, the "Dacono Forward Comprehensive Plan” will guide our community into the future with great thought, passion and intention. The vision is of a community with a diversity of living choices ranging from starter homes and cottages to paired and patio homes. Residents will benefit from connections to public and open spaces, a regional trail system, and a growing number of civic and recreational facilities. The vision of this plan will be advanced through efforts by its appointed and elected officials, residents, business and property owners, and other stakeholders invested in a complete and healthy community.
The City has adopted the following land use, planning and transportation documents as a supplement to the Dacono Forward Comprehensive Plan:
- City of Dacono I-25 Sub-Area Plan (Resolution 23-12).
- City of Dacono Transportation Plan, prepared by Felsburg, Holt & Ullevig, (Resolution 03-29).
- City of Dacono Water Master Plan, prepared by Clear Water Solutions, Inc. (Resolution 07-48).
- City of Dacono Parks, Trails and Outdoor Recreation Master Plan, prepared by Civil Resources, LLC, (Resolution 08-24).
- City of Dacono 2011 Water Conservation Plan, prepared by Clear Water Solutions (Resolution 11-43).
- City of Dacono Potable Water Master Plan, prepared by Frachetti Engineering (Resolution 14-08).
- City of Dacono Field Inventory, Regional Transportation and Drainage Impact Fees Analysis, prepared by Tait & Associates
Planning Area Boundary
The area outside Dacono city limits is under the jurisdiction of Weld County. The planning area is the area of potential annexation and growth of the city. Dacono's planning area is about 22 square miles (14,080 acres), bounded by State Highway 52 on the north, Weld County Road 21 on the east, Weld County Road 6 on the south, and Interstate 25 on the west.