Can I have a home-based business?

Home-based businesses are termed "home occupations" in the Zoning Ordinance. Home occupations meeting certain criteria are permitted in any residential district. Home occupations do not allow outside employees, exterior storage, the emission of odor, dust, gas, noise, vibration, smoke, heat, or glare beyond the boundary of the lot, or business activity between the hours of 9 PM and 9 AM. Businesses specifically prohibited as home occupations are restaurants, commercial stables/veterinary offices, appliance repair, welding or metal fabrication or equipment rental. For more information, contact the City Clerk at 303.833.2317 x123.

Show All Answers

1. Can I change the zoning or Comprehensive Plan designation of my property?
2. What are setbacks?
3. What businesses can I operate on my property?
4. What are the responsibilities of the Planning and Zoning Commission?
5. What are the responsibilities of the Board of Adjustment?
6. What is a variance?
7. Where can I find a survey of my property?
8. What is the Comprehensive Plan?
9. What is zoning?
10. Can I have a home-based business?
11. What work requires a building permit?
12. How can I contact the building official?
13. Can someone else own the minerals under my property? How can I tell if I own my minerals?
14. When is the next Planning & Zoning Commission meeting?